|Portsmouth City Council||£6m|
|Darnton B3 Architecture||January 2018|
This project was assessed as a shell only retail development 2014 scheme. The site provided 9 new units of varying sizes to suit tenants including a gym, sport store, restaurants, and a veterinary practice.
The assessment was required to meet a planning condition with a Very Good rating and succeeded at 60.9% (Cert 0072-0458). The formerly residential site had been cleared 15 years earlier by previous owner and did not meet the criteria for LE01 however it benefitted from good local amenities and public transport links which supported a strong score.
Key Design features Included;
Native landscape planting including retained semi mature trees with additional specimen tree planting with bird boxes
– SUDs designed hard landscaping scheme
– Cycling storage provision for public and tenant’s employees
– Building envelope specification to maximise Mat 01, Mat 04 and Mat 03 credits
– Provision for roof mounted PV on all units to be installed by tenants as part of M&E services alongside air source heat pump systems
The construction phase provided further credits;
– 100% diversion of construction waste from landfill
– CCS score of 41/50
– Airtightness and submitted EPC/BRUKL exceeding design intent resulting in an increased scoring for Ene 01