Cornish Architects Ltd
This speculative site was assessed as a shell and core Industrial development under 2014 scheme. The site provided 4 new units of varying sizes to suit B8 use and allowed for a potential new bus link route from a retail and leisure area on Endeavour Drive to an existing supermarket and dual carriageway exit.
Simons Design Ltd accepted the assessment after construction had commenced with a client requirement for a Very Good rating. Despite limited ability to influence any evidence or credits prior to post construction stage, a rating of Very Good was achieved at 56.3% (Cert 0070-6093) thanks to collaboration with Cornish Architects, Watkins Payne and Taurus Developments.
Key Design features Included;
– Native landscape planting including large areas of tree planting
– SUDs designed hard landscaping scheme
– Cycling storage provision and shower for each unit
– Building envelope specification to maximise Mat 01, Mat 04 and 03 credits
The construction phase provided further credits;
– 100% diversion of construction waste from landfill
– CCS score of 38/50
– Airtightness and submitted EPC/BRUKL exceeding design intent resulting in an increased scoring for Ene 01